1. Our commitment to privacy
OPTEX is the data controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our services.
This policy was last updated in May 2021.
2. Data that we collect
2.1. OPTEX collects personal data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences of our products and services. Data we collect may include the following:
Your contact information: names, telephone, email and location
You company information: company name and location
2.2. OPTEX does not collect any “sensitive data” (like racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data etc.) except when we have to comply with the law.
3. How we collect Data
3.1. We collect Data through your input, directly from you by enquiry forms, calls, emails, online messages, meetings, and events.
3.2. We may collect Data from our group companies and affiliates.
4. How we use your Data
4.1. Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. We only use your Data for the following purposes:
– Your Data is used by us to run our business activities effectively, including the sale of our products and services to you, and also to run our CRM system,
– Your Data is used to improve our website use and performance and further develop our products and services,
– Your Data might be used and retained to comply with legal or regulatory requirements,
– Your Data may also be used for B2B marketing purpose. You can opt-out of such use of your Data any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in our emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
4.2. We also collect personal data for the performance of our contract with you or on a basis of our legitimate business interests if you are a potential customer.
5. How long we keep your Data
Subject to applicable laws and regulations (including as set out under the “Sharing of your Personal Information” section above),
we will only retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes as set out under the section “4. How we use your Data”.
We calculate retention periods for your personal information in accordance with the following criteria:
1. the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for
2. the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
3. any limitation periods within which claims might be made
4. any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
5. the existence of any relevant proceedings
6. How we may share and disclose your Data
6.1. For the provision of our goods and services and to implement the services that each customer desires, we may share relevant data to:
– Our mother company OPTEX CO., LTD., subsidiaries and affiliates, including OPTEX FA CO., LTD..
– Our outsourcers and service providers: we share Data with outsourcers and service providers who help us to provide our services by website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructures.
– Third-parties: we may share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6.2. We might also use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities.
6.3. Given the global nature of OPTEX’s activities, we may at times transfer your Data outside of Thailand. However, we will only do so when we have utilized means to ensure that any such transfer comply with applicable data protections laws, for example when transferred by use of a data-transfer agreement.
7. How we protect your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, including but not limited to regular backups, database encryption, and restrictive access to Data by staff.
8. Your rights
You may have rights under Thai and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
– Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
– Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
– Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
– Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
– Right to opt out of marketing: You can unsubscribe our newsletter by unsubscribe links found in the communications you received from us
– Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. In these circumstances the right to object is not absolute.
– Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights please contact us via contact information as mentioned below.
9. Contact us
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or tel. +662-168-3162
or via postal mail at 90 CW Tower (Tower B) Unit B1702, 17 Floor, Ratchadaphisek Rd., Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310).